Monday, April 6, 2009

Three more days....

So my Marine is supposed to be coming home thursday or friday. I've been trying not to get my hopes up because everything is constantly changing with the Marines but I just can't help it! The excitement is building up! It has been a long two months since i've been in his arms. It's been rough with him preparing for this deployment. I AM SO EXCITED. I don't care if I only get to spend one night with him before he leaves for Afghanistan, i'll be SO very thankful for whatever amount of time I get with him.


It's looking like this deployment is going to be a tough one though. I was talking to a Marine wife whose husband is stationed in NC with Cale and he's leaving this month as well. She went to a deployment brief with him on base and they said that internet may not be available and the phones may be tied up 24/7. I don't know what to expect because this is out first deployment but I know its' not going to be easy. I also know to accept that he will come back changed to some extent. All the other Marine girlfriends, fiances, and wifes i've talked to say to expect this...just like bootcamp changes them, deployments change them as well. Cales brother is testimony to that. He won't even talk about what happened while he was deployed... I can only imagine it must have been pretty horrible. He's a Marine as well. Hopefully it won't be that bad for Cale. I love him with all my heart and I made a vow to wait patiently and faithfully until he comes home and that's what i'm going to do, Semper Fi!

1 comment: