Friday, March 20, 2009

Just one of those days...

It has been six longs week since i've seen my Marine and i'm missing him more and more every day. I feel so distant from him but I know that he's just busy, busy, busy. We spent an absolutely amazing weekend together six weeks ago before every thing went to hell, as he puts it. He doesn't get breaks or weekends anymore, he's working his ass off 24/7 which doesn't leave anyone with any time or energy to talk. He's exhausted...I can hear it in his voice when he calls. I'm trying to keep him thinking positive, that's all I can really do. Hopefully things will slow down soon.

It's looking like his deployment is mid-April and I pray that he gets to come home before then. I know that I just have to be strong, keep my head up, stay positive and try to live everyday to the fullest. I know there will be plenty of days when I don't feel like getting out of bed and facing the world, there will be nights when I cry myself to sleep at night missing him so...this deployment is going to tough but im going to get through it without complaining. I fall asleep every night knowing that my Marine is serving the country and keep us safe.

I miss him and all the little things though...
  • I miss his smile.
  • I miss always waking up before him in the mornings and snuggling up closer.
  • I miss the look in his eyes when he looks at me.
  • I miss how he would always kiss my forehead and my heart would melt on the spot.
  • I miss how safe I feel when i'm in his arms.


There is nothing I hate more than hearing a girl complain that they haven't seen there boyfriend in a day or too.. well sorry hunny but some of us haven't seen our men in days, months, or even a year so why don't you do us all a favor and grab a pair of ovaries and handle it like a woman!

1 comment:

  1. April, I love you SO much! You are so very brave and strong, and you are one amazing woman. I l<3ve this entry...it made my day to read these words proving your strength. You're so amazing girl and I hope you have a wonderful time tonight...you deserve it. And you better send me some pictures too once you're all pretty-fied =) ILY

    ReplyDelete