Sunday, March 15, 2009

My Hero, My Marine.

I remember the very first time I ever met my Marine, he had long black hair and bad acne but he sure was cute. He played the drums and the guitar and boy was he good. We talked all the time and then one day we just lost touch, went our separate ways I guess you could say. I went through my first three years of highschool and never gave it much thought. I heard through the friend who introduced us that he joined the Marines. I didn't expect to hear from him again and then one day last year I signed onto AIM and and recieved an IM asking, "who is this?"

I recognized his screen name but I never expected him to remember who I was but susprisingly he did. He said he always saw my SN on his buddy list and finally realized one day that he didn't know who it was..It's funny how fate works..how niether of us ever changed our screennames even though i'd thought about it many times...We started to talk and I learned that he had enlisted in the Marines not long after he graduated. As the days passed we started to talk more and more online and then exchanged phone numbers. He was stationed at Camp Lejeune in NC and here I was...in Georgia. It was long distance from the start.


He was different than any civilian guy and the more we talked, the more I liked him. We grew close over the summer and he talked about coming home to see me but he wasn't able to come home until November. The plan was to meet half way between his house and mine and I would ride back with him to his house. It was the first time we had seen each other in person for years...

I was so nervous! When I pulled up, he was already there waiting in the parking lot. When I got into his car the first thing he said was..."Wow." I remember thinking how his pictures did NOT do him any justice, he was so handsome! It seemed like the ride back to his house dragged on for ever! I was extremely nervous and quiet the entire night. When we got to his house we ended up watching old home videos...and wow! there's nothing like seeing a boy (who grows up to be a Marine) dancing around with a broomstick singing Billy Ray Cyrus; he also had a mullet! :)I still tease him about that..we curled up on the couch and the first time he kissed me, I knew I was in love.

When he took me back to my car that night he asked me if I had ever been afraid to tell someone something. We hugged and i didn't want to let go at all. I didn't know when I would get to see him again. While we were standing there in each others arms he whispered in my ear.."April, I love you. I knew the moment I saw you." Everything fell into place right then, I was in love with Marine. No doubt about it. It's hard work loving a Marine! We have been together for four months and the majority of that time we have been away from each other. Now he is about to leave for Afghanistan but i'm going to wait on my Marine. True love survives distance and time and I know we will get through this together.

I have never felt this way about anyone before. He makes my heart melt and I treasure every single day and moment we get together because they are few and far between.There's nothing in this world that compares to the feeling of being in his arms again after days and months of being apart. He's my hero and i'm so very proud of him.

What can I say? Civilian guys bore me!
Semper Fi ; always and forever!

1 comment:

  1. OHMIGAH! That was sooo sweet; a true fairy tale love story =)

    ReplyDelete